Monday, July 09, 2007

My Parka/Burka

And then today I went to work. It is the first time in a long time that I have had anything "work-like" to do, and having said that, I will also say that I didn't miss it that much. It isn't bad and I recommend that if anyone is really and truly run down with their job to just take 75 days off in a row - should cure you right up.

Everything dramatic is dying down. The quiet of a perfectly air-conditioned apartment is once again a thrill worth talking about - - the feeling of carpet on just-showered feet - - also the feeling that the numbers in the bank account will start doing something opposite to what they were getting used to - - all of these are happy additions to the peace-of-mind that a long and worthy adventure brings.

I must say that with the new (old) job comes once again the puzzling fact that the outdoor temperature is 117 degrees and the restaurant uniform is still black long-sleeves, pants, shoes, burka and parka. It's okay though because they still offer patio seating if a few desert camels show up and want to enjoy some asparagus & prosciuto bruschetta.

2 Comments:

Blogger AndyE said...

What about socks? You didn't say anything about socks being required. That should help keep you cool.

7/12/2007 4:24 AM  
Blogger Shua said...

75 days off... here I come!

12/02/2008 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visitor Counter by Digits
Google