Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Forward: Splendiferous

And as a forward to Splendiferous, I'll also add these gems.

July 3rd, 10:00 a.m.

Me: "It's too hot to driving or eating or doing anything but finding a pool and floating in it. Let's find a pool and float in it.

July 3rd, 2 p.m., excerpt from interview at NoRTH

General Manager: "Yeah, we'd love to have you back but..."

Me: "You're worried that this wild vagabond style I've been talking about will leave you high and dry one day?"

GM: "Well yes."

M: "You're worried that I might not even be here in Arizona later today much less three weeks from now."

GM: "Well yes."

M: "Yea, I can see that." (Laughing quietly)

(A pause for several beats)

M: "Oh yeah, sorry. NO. We're here for a little while now."

GM: "Well..."

M: "Right, sorry again. We're signing six-month leases later today, so there's that."

GM: "Ahhhhh, okay. That's what I wanted to hear."

July 3rd, 5:30 p.m., Apartment Lady Katie

"And if you sign up right now, we'll give you an iPod."

July 3rd, 7:59 p.m.

Me: "The new place has a dish washer, right?"

Krissy: "Yes."

Me: "Oh thank the Good Lord."

Krissy: "I don't think he had anything to do with it."

Me: "We should thank Him anyway, he did other good things today."

Krissy: "That's a weird thing to say at eight o'clock."

Me: "No, it's weird anytime - especially about a dishwasher."

Krissy: "Okay."

 
July 3rd, 9:35 p.m., Krissy

"I'm not going anywhere else in this car."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of writing my own blog I'll just comment on yours: Forward to my splendiferous comment...

J: “I am going to turn the AC off for a while”
HC: “No. It’s hot in here. Put some f*ing cloths on”

7/04/2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger AndyE said...

So, did you get the iPod?

7/06/2007 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visitor Counter by Digits
Google