Monday, May 21, 2007

Just Take Your Time - Easy Does It

The laundry is done and my toes are cold. It is off to Chicago tomorrow with plans of apartment searching and hot dog eating all the while continuing to remark that "summer" just isn't very warm "way out here" and that "summer" on "the island" is probably getting hotter than "balls" at this very "minute."

Also on the agenda in Chicago are real haircuts. It is no secret that I need one, and since living on the island has gotten me into the rhythm of shaving it all the way off every six months while straddling a trash can - - it might be nice to have someone professionally trained in these arts to sculpt it into something - anything - for my new "mainland" lifestyle.

A word: it's true, I can finally say it. The "mainland" needs to calm down. With the driving, and the complaining and the taking-it-all-way-too-seriously-thing that people seem to do. Just last week when driving in and around New Jersey we nearly died in flaming car carnage. People change lanes as though their tires will catch fire if they remain in one place too long - and at speeds not deemed safe or legal even by autobahn enthusiasts. I'm no Granny Goodwrench, I keep it at ten past the limit most of the time. But when someone squeezes past me at twenty mph faster, leaving all the clearance of a busy-city parallel parking endeavor. . . nope. I don't want that. Don't "need" that one.

Slow down, this IS the mainland.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha!!! Driving tips from Snapper - god help us :-)

Chi town huh?

5/21/2007 7:20 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn said...

Why yes, summer on the island is hotter than "balls" at this time. *wipes sweat from forehead*

5/24/2007 1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please refrain from any further descriptions of the mainland until you have left the east coast. I-95 is like the varicose vein of America.

5/25/2007 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visitor Counter by Digits
Google